Monday, August 17, 2009

wine-o?



Saving corks can be fun, but what do you do with them when you end up with a massive bag of them? Recently, I asked all my friends and family to save their corks for me and my projects. I ended up with many small bags and one HUGE garbage bag FULL!! My cousin, Bones, had put the word out at work, and by happenstance, one of her co-workers has been saving corks for 20 years! I have made cork boards before and know that it takes many corks to complete a decent sized cork board. So now I have literally thousands of corks, and wanted to come up with some fancy ideas in which to use them. Cork boards are great and really unique looking, but I wanted to do other fun crafts!! So besides the standard cork boards, I have made cork/chalk/magnetic boards, used them as embellishment on purses and furniture, and made magnets out of them. I still have tons of corks, so if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment