Friday, August 14, 2009

Claim your baggage





I am a huge fan of old train cases and hard suitcases. I have many of them, the most recent jem in my my train case collection was used in the Marilyn Monroe movie "How to Marry a Millionaire", its old and not in the best shape, but I love it all the same. I have heard of people making tables out of old suitcases by just screwing in legs (so smart!) or using them as display cases for their wares. I have used a train case (I prefer to call them B.O.B's, boxes of beauty) since I graduated out of my caboodle when I was in Jr. High. My new favorite thing to do it to decoupage on the sides with just about anything, magazine clippings, postcards, backstage passes, concert tickets, etc... With some modge podge and a coat of lacquer each one comes out being one of a kind. I get constant comments on them when I am traveling. I am thinking of attaching some wheels to the underside of the suitcases for convenience.
Happy Travelling..

No comments:

Post a Comment